Prices and VAT taxation
- All prices are displayed tax free by default when no user is logged-in;
- VAT tax is added to product sales prices automatically depending on customer location and status, when user is logged-in. Portuguese VAT tax is 23%;
- Prices do not include any other taxes or customs duties that may be applied at destination country, but may include customs duties applied to shipping. If so happens these values will be included in the payment section.
Who is eligible to purchase without VAT?
- All customers outside European Union;
- Customers inside EU with a VIES recognized VAT ID number (companies & organizations). You can check if your VAT number is valid by using this webpage;
Who needs to pay VAT?
- Customers inside EU without business VAT ID number (individuals). In this case customers always pay the Portuguese 23% VAT tax. After sales buyer can apply for VAT repayment from their local tax administration;
- All customers inside Portugal pay 23% VAT;
- Customers outside EU will get VAT free prices automatically.
How to order VAT free within the EU?
- In the Account Type area, select Company as Business Type;
- In the Fiscal Details area, enter your VAT code into the VAT ID field;
- In the Contact Details area, enter your Company or Organization name;
- If VAT ID is valid, purchase will be VAT free automatically.
General information about VAT taxation:
If you have any questions, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.