IONICUBE is a 1-4 axis motherboard for IONI Servo Drives. IONICUBE provide four slots for IONI drives as well as terminals and connectors for motor power, feedback devices, I/O and SimpleMotion V2.
IONICUBE has been designed multiaxis robotic systems such as CNC machines in mind. On-board features include:
- Carry up to 4 ION drives;
- On-board regenerative braking resistor;
- Each axis can have mechanical end switches and homing switch;
- Motor holding brake drivers for each axis;
- The first 26 pin ribbon cable connector is laid out so that it’s directly connectible to traditional CNC controllers (parallel port, SmoothStepper etc);
- The second 26 pin connector has extra I/O for drives and analog setpoint inputs for custom applications;
- No separate break-out-boards needed;
- Charge-pump input for safety;
- E-stop switch input (safe torque off);
- PWM to 0-10V converter for VFD spindle;
- Two relay drivers;
- ARGON Servo Drive compatible encoder connector pin-out;
- RJ45 connectors for SimpleMotion V2 usage and configuration;
- On-board 1.5A 5V regulator to power drive logic and feedback devices.
Required and optional accessories
- One SimpleMotion V2 USB adapter is necessary for software based configuration of IONI. Also RJ45 Ethernet cable (not cross-linked type) is needed (not supplied by GD);
- 1-4 pcs of IONI drives.